Thursday, January 20, 2011

Three Weeks and Counting

Three weeks and Spencer will be at Fort Sill beginning his Army career.  Spencer took his physical training test today and passed. One part of the test was running 2 miles in 15 minutes and 52 seconds.   He ran 2 miles in 15 minutes 39 seconds!  Pretty impressive!  And I might add he did that in a long sleeve t-shirt and shorts in 20 degree weather.  He said he was absolutely freezing.  His Sgt. told him not to wear sweats because he would get too hot - afraid not!  Anyway now that he passed this means that he got bumped up a rank and will now be entering the Army as a Private First Class.  He is really happy!  

We are all trying to take advantage of these last few weeks together.  Paul and Spencer got to go to Jefferson City together on Monday and have some time alone enjoying each other's company. Taylor is enjoying all the snow days with Spencer.  They have been staying up late having movie nights together and with Spencer's buddies. Whitney came over the other night and spent some time.  It was fun to see her and Spencer joking with each other and hearing their laughter.  I treasure every meal we have together but most of all I cherish all the hugs Spencer has been giving me.  It seems like he comes and hugs me a lot more these days.  I know I'm going to miss those hugs, but I'm pretty sure he's going to miss them too!

Until next time . . . keep hugging those you love! 



2 comments:

  1. Great reminder to not take our time together for granted. I hope Spencer never gets to big for Aunt S. tickles under the chin...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Glad he and Taylor are getting to hang out on all these snow days.

    ReplyDelete